Once you’re all signed up at summer camp Park Slope, it’s simply a question of numbering the days until you go. Goodness wait…You’ve got some preparing to do, isn’t that right? Here are a few tips:
Converse with your family
- Verify they know in case you’re apprehensive, energized, inquisitive whatever.
- What are you agonized over? (Making friends? Feeling achy to go home? Is it a health issue?)
- What are you amped up for? (Making friends? Attempting new things? Having a great time?)
- Make inquiries about their own summer camp encounters. Did they go? What was fun, and what was testing? Do they have photographs, features, or scrapbooks they can impart to you?
Join with different campers and guides
Ask the staff at your camp on the off chance that they can set you up with a more established camper who’s as of now a camp veteran.
- Impart through email, IM’s, or telephone to get your inquiries addressed and within scoop on life at camp.
- See whether you can speak with one of your guides, as well.
- Perused up on camp data
- Verify your camp sends you all that they can early
- A movement and occasion plan
- A book of tenets and regulations
Get used to being far from home
On the off chance that you’ve never been far from home or your folks, you may be anxious. One approach to get used to the thought is to plan an outing far from home alone – perhaps to a grandparent’s home – a couple of months or weeks before camp.
Make a rundown of things you have to purchase and things you have to pack. Your camp will likely send or email you a rundown of must-have supplies.
Pack things that you need to have with you, yet consider leaving anything that is really important or indispensable at home. In the event that there’s something truly uncommon that you’d like to convey however would prefer not to lose, think about taking as a picture of it and simply bringing that!
Put your name on all that you bring-in indelible marker! This will help you stay away from contentions adjoin what has a place with who, and help your stuff hit you up on the off chance that you lose it.
A mental “packing list”
Here are some different things that are imperative to convey to camp with you. They’re free, simple to pack, and will come in super-convenient throughout the entire summer:
- An inspirational mentality. You can’t hope to make new companions or have a ton of fun on the off chance that you appear with a bleak standpoint.
- A receptive outlook. Camp may be not the same as you expect, thus may the individuals you meet there. On the off chance that you open your brain to new thoughts and new conceivable outcomes, you’re more prone to fit in and have an extraordinary time.
- You’re feeling of enterprise. The things you do and see at camp are sure to be new and energizing, so get amped up!
- You’re feeling of decency. When you end up in another gathering of children, participation and generosity are your most helpful instruments.
Jason is a freelance writer and blogger. He is presently working for Brooklyn summer camps.